Date set for Launch of Human Rights Inquiry Report into Emergency Healthcare
The Human Rights Commission will launch its Human Rights Inquiry Report into Emergency Healthcare on 27 May 2015.
Public participation was at the heart of the focus of the Inquiry and we would like to thank all the patients, family members, health care staff and representatives who contributed to the Inquiry process.
The report will present key findings and recommendations from the Inquiry and will identify the extent to which the human rights of people seeking Emergency Care in Northern Ireland are respected, protected and fulfilled.
For further information please contact Claire Martin on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 02890243987.
Notes to Editors
1. The Report will be launched at Stormont Hotel on Wednesday 27 May from 10-11.30am. All media are welcome to attend. To register your attendance please contact Claire Martin at Claire.Martin@nihrc.org or on 02890243987.
2. The Commission initiated a Human Rights Inquiry into Emergency Healthcare in the summer of 2014. The Commission launched a confidential phone line and held public hearings across N.I from September to December 2014.
2. The Inquiry Panel included NIHRC Chief Commissioner Les Allamby, Commissioner Marion Reynolds, and Professor Paul Hunt, the former United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health.
3. Watch the Panel speak about the Inquiry in this short clip
4. You can watch all the public hearings again here
5. The Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission is an independent statutory body first proposed in the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement (1998) and established in 1999 by the Northern Ireland Act (1998). It is answerable to Parliament at Westminster.
Independent Review of the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission19 Sep 2023Continue reading
NIHRC release new podcast episode on climate change and human rights19 Sep 2023Continue reading
UN Assistant High Commissioner for Protection, Gillian Triggs, calls for enhanced refugee protection at NIHRC’s annual lecture13 Sep 2023Continue reading